What Human Foods Can Your Cat Eat?
Human Foods cats CAN Eat:
- Fish: Cats love fish and it is an excellent source of protein and other nutrients. Just be wary of too much fish as it can be high in mercury.
- Meat: Cats are carnivores and do best on a diet that is high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
- Veggies: Cats can also eat vegetables and they can be used as a filler that is low in calories, but high in bulk so your ‘starving’ cat won’t be so hungry.
- Eggs. No, not eggnog, but just a simple egg is a good protein source for your cat.
- Cheese. Not only mice love cheese, but cats do too!
- Baby food. I know it seems odd, but it’s easy for your cat to digest, well balanced and simple to prepare!
Please note that while feeding your cat any of these human foods as a treat is fine, don’t make a habit of it and be sure to adjust the portion size of their regular meal if you are feeding them these high calorie treats.