Dear Tabby: Helping Bert
Dear Tabby’s first challenge is to provide some weight management tips to Bert, our food obsessed cat.
Tubby tabbies are no good, especially when the rest of your family is so fit and trim. I know you love to eat and food can be so yummy. We know your mom is pretty conscientious, but here’s a couple of tips that might help:
- DON’T free feed. If your starving all the time, feed multiple times per day – the same amount, just spread out over the day so you don’t get so hungry.
- Increase the protein and decrease the carbohydrates. If you’re on a special diet, check with your vet on this one.
- Read the labels and measure the food accurately. Lots of people overfeed because they don’t measure
- Exercise, exercise, exercise.
Here’s a few other resources that might be helpful:
- 10 Ways to Help Your Cat Lose Weight
- Feline Obesity: How To Help Your Cat Slim Down
- Getting Your Cat to Lose Weight